Thursday, June 9, 2011

Everything Old is New Again: Olivier Goldsmith Sunglasses

Audrey Hepburn is one of my 'sunglass' heroines.  She always looked amazing in them and they always seemed to be a perfect extension of her wardrobe.   I usually wear one pair until I lose them.  Except for my original Oliver Peoples Nerd sunglasses from the 1980s.  I can not loose them.  Though I try. But guess what?  This year, I saw that they were redoing them and a very similar pair was at Bergdorf Goodmans.  So I thought, hmmm... but no, I can not.  I feel too Sarah Jessica Parker in Square Pegs.  Besides my family laughs when I put them on in visual emergencies.

And, excuse me, that is Sarah Jessica Parker, not me!  But I do kind of look like that when I wear them ☺


But getting back to my heroine, Audrey Hepburn.  Just take a look:





Her sunglasses in the films, "Charade"  love those!, "How to Steal a Million", "Roman Holiday" and "Two for the Road" were made by Olivier Goldsmith in London and I just read this morning in the New York Times that they are remaking the pair from "Breakfast at Tiffany's" which all sounds too fabulous.  Olivier Goldsmith has a great website too with some incredible archival sunglasses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails